Dead tired!

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I missed every NBA playoffs games today, including (shame, shame...) the Suns' game at Lakers. That's because I went on an extended ride on my hog with another HD friend of mine. Did about 300-350 miles in 90 degrees weather. Nothing like riding a bike in great weather! :D

Anyone else rode today?

Going for a motercycle ride vs sitting infront of the tv. I think you made the choice. Just think of it this way you can check the scores of the game, and watch the replays, but you can not replay a ride that you never went on.
Wes

...you can check the scores of the game, and watch the replays, but you can not replay a ride that you never went on.
Wes

Very true! :D

So I missed every NBA playoffs games today, including (shame, shame...) the Suns' game at Lakers. That's because I went on an extended ride on my hog with another HD friend of mine. Did about 300-350 miles in 90 degrees weather. Nothing like riding a bike in great weather! :D

Anyone else rode today?

nope, :( had to work. However I'm going now! Hopefully when I take my camera this time, I'll remember to stop to take photos!

lol does anyone else have this problem on a bike? It always seems to happen, i'll be riding through the mountains go oh that is beautiful, but quickly get distracted back to riding again. I need to stick a post it note to my helmet to remind me to take photos.

lol does anyone else have this problem on a bike? It always seems to happen, i'll be riding through the mountains go oh that is beautiful, but quickly get distracted back to riding again. I need to stick a post it note to my helmet to remind me to take photos.

Yeah, I do the same thing. Although I did some stupid thing while riding. My friend had a small digital camera and took pictures of me while passing me, sort of aimed and shot. Incredibly, pictures came out fine. After he took pics of me, he passed the camera to me while riding at about 50mph so I can take pics of him riding. Which I did. They too came out fine. I shouldn't do that while riding on a motorcycle, thank the above for not having any traffic around us.

I've not been on a bike for such a long time now. Everytime something two-wheeled passes me though, the urge to out the foot down and follow is still there

>;o))

Yeah, I do the same thing. Although I did some stupid thing while riding. My friend had a small digital camera and took pictures of me while passing me, sort of aimed and shot. Incredibly, pictures came out fine. After he took pics of me, he passed the camera to me while riding at about 50mph so I can take pics of him riding. Which I did. They too came out fine. I shouldn't do that while riding on a motorcycle, thank the above for not having any traffic around us.

LMAO that's fantastic, its a pity there wasnt someone behind you to take a photo of that! Post up the photos!

I was pillion once on a long trip *groan* so naturally I got bored and started trying to entertain myself. I found poppers. (juice boxes in american terms? no sure) Anyway decided to pass them to the guy that was riding behind us. Passing them would have been nice. He got covered in juice.

lol so there is NO way i'd try it with a camera.

Though I have really been tempted to rig up a mounting bracket for teh dslr and see what funky shots I could get if it were mounted on the bike. I might try it with a less expensive camera first.

I was pillion once on a long trip *groan* so naturally I got bored and started trying to entertain myself. I found poppers. (juice boxes in american terms? no sure) Anyway decided to pass them to the guy that was riding behind us. Passing them would have been nice. He got covered in juice.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can only imagine that!... Would've loved to see it in person.

Though I have really been tempted to rig up a mounting bracket for teh dslr and see what funky shots I could get if it were mounted on the bike. I might try it with a less expensive camera first.

The problem with that, at least for me, is the amount of vibration. Harleys are under-revved and they shake a lot (we like to say that Harleys don't shake but shiver with anticipation) and mounting a camera on it would be a waste of time. But, a more advanced digital camera which compensates for movements and vibrations could work well.

I will post pictures as soon as I get them from my friend (I am an 'only film' shooter).;)

The problem with that, at least for me, is the amount of vibration. Harleys are under-revved and they shake a lot (we like to say that Harleys don't shake but shiver with anticipation) and mounting a camera on it would be a waste of time. But, a more advanced digital camera which compensates for movements and vibrations could work well.

I will post pictures as soon as I get them from my friend (I am an 'only film' shooter).;)

lol yes you would have trouble on a harley. I did consider the amount of vibration you get on a bike, I thought you could add a certain amount of damping into the mounting system. Rubber washers or stops perhaps? I have an old super tourer :lol: so its smooth sailing for me. I still suspect though I would have some issues with vibration. Also if you went over a pot hole or something, god knows how long it would be before the mounting hole in the camera gets flogged out.... those were just my thoughts on it anyway, dont know if you can think of anymore?

ahh good old film... those were the days. I love my film slr (I have a really old pentax), but its too expensive for me being a uni student at the moment, so its been packed away till I can afford film again :(

Post up the photos when you get them :)

I only wish I had a camera when we were tailing you elle on the way to the city centre. That would have been a nice photo of you in the middle of heavy traffic standing up on your bike with 1 hand on the ... wheel? ... trying to move your ipod so it didn't change tracks when you changed gears. We had a good laugh :)

I only wish I had a camera when we were tailing you elle on the way to the city centre. That would have been a nice photo of you in the middle of heavy traffic standing up on your bike with 1 hand on the ... wheel? ... trying to move your ipod so it didn't change tracks when you changed gears. We had a good laugh :)

lol you just don't understand just how FRUSTRATING that was!:lmao:

Alex your avatar scares me. It's not you or the avatar, it's just that a really bitchy old engineer on diyhifi.org has the same one, and all of his posts are negative and irritating lol.

Elle I fully understand. There's nothing worse then rocking on to a good song and bending down to pick up a bad only for it to skip or turn off :S

Most reactions

Back