Deal or No Deal?

etnad0

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've heard and read a lot of different opinions on using FD lenses with an EF body, but today I ran across a deal (at least I think it was) that I couldn't turn down. We were doing some recon for our new business and I ran across a guy that had a 50mm 1.4 (FD) and a 200mm 1.4 (FD). He sold them to me with a teleconverter for $100. Did I get a good deal or not? The reason I ask is because I haven't done as much research on the FD lenses as I have on the EF, so I have no idea. The lenses are in excellent condition.

You keep saying how well you are doing with your other businesses. Drop some $$ and get new EF L lenses.

You keep saying how well you are doing with your other businesses. Drop some $$ and get new EF L lenses.

What does that have to do with my question? I'm still LEARNING to use the camera. I've had it for less than a month. I think it would be premature of me to go out and grab L lenses and I'm still working on learning what I have. I also don't just blow money because I have it (usually). I also don't need L lenses for what I plan to do, but it wouldn't hurt to have them.

I was actually looking at a 8-15mm L Lens today in the local B&C. Maybe in a month or two, after we open, but I don't really need it right now. With that said, the 10-24 Tameron looked good as well and the lady said she didn't see much difference in quality between the two. The difference in price is about $900.

Care to answer my original question?

I also don't just blow money because I have it (usually).

Isn't that the golden rule of a successfull business? :lmao:

I don't buy anything unless I absolutely have to have it. For business reasons rather than the ego trip. But when I do buy something, I get the best I can afford. I don't know about some people but I am in business to make money, not spend it.

The 50mm on it's own seems to be worth up to $100 dollars in some places but I'm confused as to what you mean by a 200mm f/1.4? Are you sure it's not just an f/4? Anyway...I don't know the condition of the lenses but from here, it looks like you got a good deal :)

The 50mm on it's own seems to be worth up to $100 dollars in some places but I'm confused as to what you mean by a 200mm f/1.4? Are you sure it's not just an f/4? Anyway...I don't know the condition of the lenses but from here, it looks like you got a good deal :)

You're right about the 200mm. I was thinking about that after I posted it. The lens says 1:4 and I didn't even realize there was a ":" there. I also just realized that there is a Canon 55mm skylight filter on it as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back