Dear god...

tevo

Recovering TPF Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How to photograph White Still Life on White Background

While trying to figure out how to shoot a white object against a white backdrop I came across this website and video. I could hardly finish the video. The uncomfortable stares and speech pattern that sounds about as natural as Microsoft Sam made me cringe a bit.

Watch this video on Lern Mai Shat Dat Cam about shooting vosses for the lulz. Set aside the poor quality of the video I will try out this technique.

Last edited by a moderator:
The speech pattern didn't really bother me that much, as long as the guy wasn't looking into the camera as he spoke--his stare did kinda creep me out and made me want to move a little further away from my monitor, like he was invading my personal space all the way from the interwebz. :lmao:

Personally, I also don't think I'd want to shoot that particular subject wide open like that so that only one of the vases is even in focus--but that's just me.

Also--he needed to charge his battery. :D

Damn, I have a few boiled eggs that went past their useable stage that I have sitting waiting for me to shoot them against white, do I want to watch this or will the eggs go to further waste and end up in the compost without even a shot? lol

Damn, I have a few boiled eggs that went past their useable stage that I have sitting waiting for me to shoot them against white, do I want to watch this or will the eggs go to further waste and end up in the compost without even a shot? lol

I think shooting white on white is an exercise everyone should be compelled to do.

HighKeyEggPost.jpg~original

I think shooting white on white is an exercise everyone should be compelled to do.

Yum, I love white on white, green on green, any colour on itself for that matter ;) I think I will learn a lot about controlling the light with white though.

It's pretty standard in photo courses, or at least used to be. One of the teachers I had for a color photo course had us do this in various types of lighting, including mixed light sources.

Take a look at this one... This guy is squirting lighter fluid on an already burning flame.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back