Dear Noobs, remember your cards.

Village Idiot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I picked up a new Crumpler 5MDH for those days when I don't have to take everything with me. It fits two lenses and my camera with a 3rd lens attached or 1 flash, one lens, PWs, and the camera and lens combo. It also fits nicely in a round bag that straps on the back seat of my bike. So I was headed off to Morgantown, WV from the Eastern Panhandle of WV this Friday to shoot a restaurant review and visit some friends for the WVU game. On the way I stopped at Sideling Hill on i-70 to take photos. I get the camera out and turn it on and it says "no card". I ended up leaving the one that's generally in my camera in the card reader and the other 3 were in my Crumpler 7MDH sitting next to my computer desk.

I ended up having to buy an 8GB at Office Depot when I finally made it down there and ended up spending $40 on it. So remember noobs, don't forget your memory cards!

I've headed out do a few shots and realized I left my card at home in the computer. I started carrying an emergency card in my wallet lol.

I was already about 50 miles away from home and had another 100 to go. I wasn't going to turn around at that point, not with the storm I just road through.

I have 4 small 4g cards and 3 - 8 g, I was never sure how many I would nice second shooting. Doesn't matter since I use the main togs cards instead lol.

What type of bike you ride around up there? I ride my sport touring bike or 600RR/R1 all over the country, and WV is the best kept secret so i won't say anything or such...just sayn'! Hope to be up that way again soon from FL with my bike loaded with cam gear.

I take a quick shot before I leave the house, just to make sure everything is there and working right.

What type of bike you ride around up there? I ride my sport touring bike or 600RR/R1 all over the country, and WV is the best kept secret so i won't say anything or such...just sayn'! Hope to be up that way again soon from FL with my bike loaded with cam gear.

I took a 2006 Softail Deuce up that I just picked up. It was all highway and my Daytona 675 is terrible for that.

Kewl! 675 prob wouldn't handle the photo grear as well either
bigthumb.gif

I cannot count the times I have got that message. But I am old & forgetful.

I now carry a couple cards in my shoulder strap but I only use it for long walks or with heavy lenses so I am caught short if only using the neck strap. :grumpy:

Ahh I've made this mistake once or twice - normally comes hand in hand when I have a time when I want to cut down on what I'm carrying and I cut down too far - end up heading back to fetch this that and the other bit that I forgot that I'd need.

Memory cards are a pain, though I've only made that slipup once and had to buy another whilst out, problem is your high storage fast speed cards cost a fair bit, so in a pinch you end up adding a card which works, but which you can tell when its in the camera cause the burst rate drops down!

Happened to me a week ago when I was assigned to take pictures of the city council for my municipalitys webpage.Had to run to the apartment and back, felt retarded.I hate myself :/

I've made $30 from selling extra 4gb cards I carry in my bag. It's happened twice where one parent forgot their card and another ran dry. I won't sell my 8gb cards though!

I have pulled that before, I have noticed not everywhere stocks xD cards, or CF cards.

Yep, been there!

I have even grabbed the card from the computer but forgot to delete the files that I uploaded.

Now I have multiple cards...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back