Death of a Z4

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
Yesterday I went to Mount Hope Cemetery in Rochester, NY to take some pictures of the landscape, snow, and trees. Unfortunately, I'm in that new car love stage still so I ended up getting a bit sidetracked and I spent just as much time taking picture of my car as the landscape. I realize this is like wearing a strawberry costume to a funeral but I just really loved the contrast of the bright red and the blue sky and white snow. Anyways here they are, I'll be posting the carless pictures soon!

DSC_7519.jpg

DSC_7461-1.jpg

DSC_7512.jpg

DSC_7487-1.jpg

DSC_7516-1.jpg

DSC_7540.jpg

awww, I thought I was going to see a car crash. I saw some nice pictures instead though. :thumbup:

Amazing shots. What lens were you using?

I ask because the car looks a bit distorted in the last one. Otherwise I am impressed.

The first shot and the second to last shot really stand out. That angle is definately the cars "good side" and you did excellent work on the sky as well. Are these HDR photos, ir did you just use a circular polarizer and good processing practices?

The fourth one down is also well done. I like the bokeh where the tailight is very crisp, but the background is out of focus. The only thing I would change is crop it slightly different so you aren't cutting off the bottom of the tailight.

I have always wanted to do a car shoot in a cemetary, but I have always thought of that as sort of taboo. I guess I could give it a shot, right?

Again, nice work.

awww, I thought I was going to see a car crash. I saw some nice pictures instead though. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Amazing shots. What lens were you using?

I ask because the car looks a bit distorted in the last one. Otherwise I am impressed.

The first shot and the second to last shot really stand out. That angle is definately the cars "good side" and you did excellent work on the sky as well. Are these HDR photos, ir did you just use a circular polarizer and good processing practices?

The fourth one down is also well done. I like the bokeh where the tailight is very crisp, but the background is out of focus. The only thing I would change is crop it slightly different so you aren't cutting off the bottom of the tailight.

I have always wanted to do a car shoot in a cemetary, but I have always thought of that as sort of taboo. I guess I could give it a shot, right?

Again, nice work.

Thanks for the feedback! The more wide angle ones were taken with my tokina 11-16mm f2.8, which due to the focal length will have a bit of distortion around the edges, I used a 3 stop graduated ND filter to balance the sky on these, they are not HDR (I don't do HDR ever). The others were taken with my 50mm f1.8, and my 18-200mm vr.

I got a few weird looks taking pictures of it in a cemetery but it was worth it :)

How does an ND filter work? I'm not familiar with those. I use a circular polarize on all shots to reduce reflections, but what does the ND filter do?

I really like #s 2 & 5. I would like #5 better if it wasn't in the cemetary but the sky was absolutely amazing so I'll take it where it happened.

I've been meaning to investigate the cokin system. Thanks for the prod. *goes off and spends money he shouldn't be spending*

BTW, love the car.

You should look into distortion reduction in photoshop or maybe using an app like PTLens by ePaperPress.

You may also want to clone out the schmutz on the back of the rear wheel well. It's just a bit, but I noticed it.

Love the sky. Nice shots.

Haha, I know a BMW owner when I hear one,

welcome!
I traded my E36 M3 in on my RX-8... I still miss the massive torque from the low end of the tach on. The RX-8 may corner better and the redline is fun at 9500 rpms but the throaty groan I would hear from the M-series inline 6 with my dianan exhaust and chip upgrades was sexy. She was a sexy red beast that loved to drive.

I traded my E36 M3 in on my RX-8... I still miss the massive torque from the low end of the tach on. The RX-8 may corner better and the redline is fun at 9500 rpms but the throaty groan I would hear from the M-series inline 6 with my dianan exhaust and chip upgrades was sexy. She was a sexy red beast that loved to drive.

I looked at RX-8's as well, this was only a few grand more though, and quite a bit quicker, those RX-8's are awesome cars though, the handling rox :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back