Decent sunset I thought

hawee99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thought this turned out pretty cool
sunset-1.jpg

The sky is just gorgeous! The colors are excellent. The composition seems a little off to me though. The car or whatever it is in the foreground is throwing me off and that light post cutting right through the sun needs to be gone, lol. Maybe a different angle?

I don't mind the lamp-post too much, but yes, the car does need to go. Try a panoramic crop, that might just work a little better. ;)

sweet, my first photo responses. You guys rock! yea I better angle for the light post would have been cool, but I dont mind it sooooo much:)
sunset1.jpg

i like this one too. I framed and Matted it for my mom on Mothers Day

totalfinal1.jpg

See how much better it is with the crop? :) Excellent job!
Wow, that second one is stunning. I can see why you framed it! The colors are just fantastic, and that mountain top is gorgeous. Where was it taken from?

the crop did help, for sure! :) the second one was taken just outside of a ski resort called LOVELAND, in Colorado. It's just east of the tunnel called the Eisenhower Tunnel on interstate 70. It's cool, it's a mile long. Not sure if you've been to Colorado. And I'm not sure of the Mountains name, but thanks for lookin :)

I'm sure your mom gave you a big hug for the present you made her for Mother's Day!! I would have, had I been given something as nice as that photo enlarged, matted and framed!! Looks good.

As to the first and that glorious sunset, all's been said already that needed to be said. The division in two halves, shadow bottom, bright top, did not work that well, the crop works much better. And ok, that lamp post ... next time you see a nice sunset rolling around, go take your chainsaw or flex and - whooops! - the lamp post is gone ;)!

And ok, that lamp post ... next time you see a nice sunset rolling around, go take your chainsaw or flex and - whooops! - the lamp post is gone ;)!

*snicker* Brilliant! :lmao:

Yes, the crop looks so much better! Loverly photo!

I kinda like the lamp post in the first shot:er:

Hi hawee,

Those are some amazing shots, the cropped sunset it breathtaking. I am new to photography and photoshop myself and so I am snatching up opportunities to give my editing ability a go.

Here's a quick edit I did to remove the post:

sunset3.jpg

Once again, lovely shots man :D

That does look better without the post! And definately much better without the cars. Everything in the foreground was sillouetted apart from them and it confused and distracted things. Its amazing what a simple crop can do!

Most reactions

Back