Deciding between Nikon D610 or D750

the 70-300mm will perform like a 200mm on your current crop body just to give an idea of how much less reach you will have.

YES on the 70-200. I'd rather use that and crop in then use my 70-300 in most instances.

I don't have a D750 but I shoot weddings with my D600 and D800 side by side. The D600 basically the same as the D610 with minor changes but same AF system. The D750 suppose to have a newer and better AF system than the D800. Continuous AF in D600 is lacking compare to my D800. It very dark situations, dark churches and reception halls, I have issues focusing with the D600. I have never had an issue focusing with my D800. However, most other type of shooting the D600 is great.

Because I will be shooting weddings, ISO performance and low light AF are important.
Short answer: total nobrainer, get a D750.

ISO is pretty much the same for all contemporary Nikons, except the D4s and Df who offer a 16 Megapixel Sensor specialized for lowlight (*). The D750 will offer an additional step compared to the D610, though, maximum native(**) ISO is 12800 and the extended mode HI.2 equals ISO 51200, while the D610 only offers maximum native ISO 6400 and HI.2 will equal 25600, respectively. The difference shouldnt be that big in practice, though.

The D750 reportedly has the best AF system that is currently offered by Nikon. Even better than D810 and D4s.

My D600, which has exactly the same AF system as the D610, definitely struggles in low light.

I cant tell about the D750 firsthand, I am planning to get one soon, though.

(*) The Df doesnt have an AF system that keeps up with the lowlight abilities of the sensor.
(**) Native mode is archieved by amplifiers before the A/D converter. Extended mode takes the digital data from the A/D converters and simply shifts the bits up.

I can tell you that the AF on the 750 is amazing

Most reactions

New Topics

Back