Deciding on a camera!

ballinfizzle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I've been poking through this forum alot for the past month or so and finally decided to register. I already know I'm going to be spending alot of time on here:thumbsup:

Right now I have a 6mp Casio Camera:yuck: and it takes decent pictures, I mainly got it because it is very compact. Now, I'm looking for some good quality shots.

Here's a couple shots with the Casio:
azinesg8.jpg

Mainly, I shoot my car and will use it with the family often. I'm looking for something that can take SLR-like pictures. I heard alot about the Panasonic FZ18 and the Canon S5 IS, and they seem to clear my budget, 300-350. I looked into the XT but it's 550 cheapest:whyme:

Help me out guys!:thumbsup:

just learn to use the camera you have. If it has manual controls, you're all set.

:thumbdown:No manaul settings The camera doesn't produce some "quality" shots like I would like.

Really if I were you I would just stick with what you have until yo ucan afford something ike a DSLR. I say why bother making a lateral move? youspend $350 ON A P+S and end up with pretty much the same thing you already have. Really if you can afford that car (Acura??) it seems like you should be able to afford a few extra bucks to upgrade to a DSLR?.

No manual controls? That's a bummer.

Well I've been able to produce SLR-like shots with my Casio Exilim Pro EX-P505. Full manual settings (shutter speed, aperture, ISO level, white balance, etc.) Also extremely compact, fits in your pocket easily.

Because it only has 5 megapixels, that may be a turn off for you. Don't let it be however, as the quality of the shots are still impressive.

Also, the price on the website says it's really expensive, but I think I got it for 300 some dollars, you may be able to get it at that price too.

I don't know if the Casio Exilim Pro EX-P505 is better than the other two your looking at however, but just take a look at this one.

If you want to know more about this camera I'd be HAPPY to tell you everything about it. (positives, negatives, etc.) Just send a PM.

Good luck findin your next camera!

No manual controls? That's a bummer.

Well I've been able to produce SLR-like shots with my Casio Exilim Pro EX-P505. Full manual settings (shutter speed, aperture, ISO level, white balance, etc.) Also extremely compact, fits in your pocket easily.

Because it only has 5 megapixels, that may be a turn off for you. Don't let it be however, as the quality of the shots are still impressive.

Also, the price on the website says it's really expensive, but I think I got it for 300 some dollars, you may be able to get it at that price too.

I don't know if the Casio Exilim Pro EX-P505 is better than the other two your looking at however, but just take a look at this one.

If you want to know more about this camera I'd be HAPPY to tell you everything about it. (positives, negatives, etc.) Just send a PM.

Good luck findin your next camera!
WOW!!! what a great suggestion a camera with a lower resolution you really need to PM this guy to get all those deatils.

Really if I were you I would just stick with what you have until yo ucan afford something ike a DSLR. I say why bother making a lateral move? youspend $350 ON A P+S and end up with pretty much the same thing you already have. Really if you can afford that car (Acura??) it seems like you should be able to afford a few extra bucks to upgrade to a DSLR?.

You think so? I heard the G9 and S5 are capable to take some outstanding pictures. Here is a pic taken with the lower Canon S3 by my friend with some PSing ofcourse
http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=minean4.jpg

WOW!!! what a great suggestion a camera with a lower resolution you really need to PM this guy to get all those deatils.

not everyone needs to spend over $800 for a dslr to get pictures they are happy with. if hes taking pictures of his car and snap shots of his family he doesnt need a dslr, a point and shoot would be more than sufficient.

btw, is it necessary to come off as such an ass? i dont know what your problem is, but the guy was just making a kind suggestion...

Well I mean, I wouldnt mind taking shots of the car that look like magazine shots haha, althought that may be a little obsurd:p.

I think I'll just go with a 350D instead of going for P&S, should make things alot easier:)

^Definately. You already have a P&S so upgrading to a DLSR will be way better than getting another point and shoot which will do mostly the same thing.

Most reactions

Back