deciding on compact flash

mattvillano

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What are the important things to look for in buying compact flash cards? What are some good brands/models? I really don't know much about this digital stuff.
Thanks.

Well i have heard good thing about Sandisk compactflash cards. I just bought a Sandisk compactflash memorycard 512 mb for around 77 dollars. IT is cheapest at Costco, Vancouver Canada. Most places match the prices and even give u a discount so be sure to ask. Also Lexus is good too but i have never use that. As for size, it depends on you and how many pictures you take. 256 MB is good size.

sandisk just came out with an Ultra II compactflash card....you don't really need it unless you bought a really high-end camera. It just increases the reading and writing speed between ur camera and memory card. The ultra II cards doesn't do anything for the average camera for example the canon IXY 400 which i am using.

Sorry my bad, i mean the lexar memory card not the lexus (that the brand for car) :roll:

I have 2 Sandisk cards and 2 Lexar cards. All 4 work great. I usually just keep my eyes open for deals. Check tigerdirect.com and newegg.com for good prices.

Digital Matt said:
I have 2 Sandisk cards and 2 Lexar cards. All 4 work great. I usually just keep my eyes open for deals. Check tigerdirect.com and newegg.com for good prices.

I was just gonna suggest those two places, particularly newegg.com. I'm in the market for a compact flash myself and have been checking around for prices...on newegg, you can get a 256MB for about $30, or a 2GB for about $137 (there are others, those are just the two I was looking at!)

Most reactions

Back