Decorating with Photographs

Just out of curiousity... Mike, where did you get that printed? Doubtless it was in the US, but I'm considering going for a local shop. Normally I don't print canvas, is all. Looks great, though.

I have a few stuck around the place, though not matted or framed.

jeez Mike I'm really tempted to go for that gallery wrap now

Just out of curiousity... Mike, where did you get that printed? Doubtless it was in the US, but I'm considering going for a local shop. Normally I don't print canvas, is all. Looks great, though.
I had it printed at my local pro lab (Technicare in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada). It's the only canvas I've had printed, but a few other photographers around here have told be that they do some of the best canvases in Canada. The best part was that it was only $7.00 more for them to drop it off at my house.

There are some really attractive prices at some labs in the US, but even if they do ship to Canada, it costs an arm and a leg to get them up here.

Wow.. Big Mike.. I love it. Think I'll have to leave this thread open on my wife's computer "by mistake" just in time for xmas...

Most of mine are printed in 8 inch square and placed in albums.... Not too many hanging on my walls.

Amazing photo Mike.

The only one I have hanging is of a B&W motorcycle shot from the local road course. My roommate has quite a few photos I took of her kid hanging around the living room. There's a place in town that does exceptionally cheap framing compared to pretty much any place I've been too. What's strange though it's a little art supply store in a small college town where everything seems to be over priced anyways, and I can still get a thick black 24"x36" metal frame with glass for about $25+/-.

I always liked this Photo, but it wasn't in my top 10...I probably wouldn't have picked it for our first large gallery wrap...but my wife and her friend picked it.

Once we got it, I was amazed...it looked so much better on canvas than I could have imagined.
I usually prefer the shots with mirror-like water and a nice reflection...and this one has ripply water. However, the way the light dances on the canvas, it feels like the water is actually moving. And as you walk by it and your angle changes, the light seems to move across the image. It's really amazing.

Photographs printed on canvas look really great :razz: Some weeks ago I came across a site with some nice landscape photographs. I ordered one of them and received the canvas two weeks later. It hangs now in my living room and makes it really stylish. If you wanna check it, here's it: www.freshclause.com.

yes I do!
its nice to have if you have a good taste and combination :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back