decrease in sharpness?

I agree with KmH.
I think you're just seeing things...

A while back, I was all worried because my pictures weren't as sharp as everything I see on here. I don't know what happened (I didn't start doing anything differently), but after a while I couldn't tell anymore.

...Maybe it's the same thing with you.

No problems with any of those that I can see.

you dont see a difference between the befores and afters? maybe O||||||O is right..

I see a difference. Contrast!

Sharpness is a perception of the difference between light and dark edges. The more the contrast the shaper this edge would appear.

Compare your merc with it's silver / white body to the black gaps. Now the grill on the beatup car is the sharpest point and that is comparing a very dark grey to a medium grey.

If you want to increase the perceived sharpness then sharpen in software. Don't be afraid it's something quite natural. It will emphasise the edge by increasing the contrast on either side of it.

Good catch Garbz. *wasn't looking close enough*

Increasing the overall contrast of an image is liable to increase perceived sharpness. Hence why it's said to sharpen last, ad nauseum.

That's the strangest before & after series I've ever seen... You turned a Mercedes into a flower!:lmao:
That's what I was thinking, he sharped the car so much it now looks like a flower. He might want to back off the sharpening a little.

That's the strangest before & after series I've ever seen... You turned a Mercedes into a flower!:lmao:
That's what I was thinking, he sharped the car so much it now looks like a flower. He might want to back off the sharpening a little.

Come on geez at least read the post before trying to make a smart comment. The car picture in my first post isn't sharpened, which you would have noticed if you read the:thumbdown: post.
f

Come on geez at least read the post before trying to make a smart comment.

I think your sense of humor may need a tune up. I can recommend a good mechanic if you want? ;)

Or maybe he needs a good florist?

Or a better mechanic, if my imaginary Mercedes turned into a flower, I'd be upset.

thanks for the reply garbz, i think you might be right. as for the other people with the jokes, i think they just got old after the first few posts. its surprising how many of you guys had links to 'the pact' in your signatures.

oh well, thanks again to everyone who contributed though :thumbup:

as for the other people with the jokes, i think they just got old after the first few posts. its surprising how many of you guys had links to 'the pact' in your signatures.

A very interesting observation.

Just a thought --

Did you also change from shooting in JPEG to RAW with your camera switch? Remember that JPEG has some filtering including sharpening whereas RAW does not. You almost always need to sharpen in post-processing when you shoot in RAW.

The Pact does not prevent people from enjoying a little levety. I don't recall seeing a line in it that said "thou shalt not point it out that a poster needs to lighten up". :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back