Deep Space

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Attempting a redo on another shot I got drawn in by subtlety in the black. I messed with my light positions and we ended up in deep space with little slices of light.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

I'm on my work computer and it's coming across really dark. I'll look at it again when I get home.:D

Thanks Mishele, yeah this one was a bit of a dance trying to not end up blocky and lose the top right, it's pretty dark, looking forward to seeing if there is a difference when you get home.

Thanks Mully, you actually are touching on the one issue I have with it, too many oil blobs. I'm messing around with ways to get just a few but haven't quite nailed it down yet.

I like this one - much more subtle than most of the others. I might even crop it to 8x10 landscape of the top.

Thanks Deeky, of all the crops I tried that wasn't one of them, I like the idea though!

Gorgeous shot.

Ahhh...much brighter at home. I might actually like the darker version...lol

Gorgeous shot.
Ahhh...much brighter at home. I might actually like the darker version...lol

lol didn't see that comin! I thought it was on the verge of too dark already. I was shooting in a cold room so the oil was starting to go cloudy, I darkened a little bit to get rid of the cloudiness maybe I could have gotten away with a little more.

Shooting in a pie dish?

Nope ;) but the last one I posted of the Blue Moon was in a metal bowl ;) this was in a dollar store round "crackle" vase thingy sitting on black lit from the side. The room was pretty chilly, my water cooled down fast and almost as soon as the oil settled on the top after a stir it would get a little cloudy.

I just saw the rounded lines going through the bubbles at the bottom left and thought it was a round bowl of some sort. I have those same lines in some shots of mine.

Ah, yep, it's the bottom of the vase, good eye ;)

Most reactions

Back