What's new

Defiance

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
2,689
Reaction score
337
Location
Old Town, ME
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm so bored I took pictures of nails on my porch. I soooo hate rainy crappy days. lol. I am going to have such a trigger finger once the rain finally stops and the sun comes out.

behold...the wonder that is nails in wood. (insert applause here)


$defiance1.webp
 
You can shoot in the rain. :D
That's what weather sealing is for.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #3
lol, I'm too poor for fancy things at the moment. I was gonna go out when it quit, it was still cloudy n dark but then we had to tend to the kid...It's rained for like 4 days here. blah. rivers are high and raging though...so that will be to my benefit when the sun comes out.
 
It's kinda all grey.

I'm sure you could have adjusted the b&w conversion sliders to differentiate the nails from the wood.
 
I can't help but think that somebody is going to cut the **** out of their foot when they hit that barefooted, lol. Pound that nail back in and fix the problem that is making it come out! :lol:
 
It may be my eyes, but the focus looks soft on our subject. Just a tad.
 
I love the idea. I'm good with the execution, but the idea is awesome.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #8
It's kinda all grey.

I'm sure you could have adjusted the b&w conversion sliders to differentiate the nails from the wood.

I was kinda trying to make it all grey-ish to see how it looked. Original was a nice B&W, then i edited it more 'cause it looked too normal. I don't really like it like this much myself either like it is. I have actually been toying with this for a week now. taking different shots.

To answer the other comment about focus...and tie it into this response...this shot is kinda pissing me off. It keeps coming out soft and seemingly out of focus. I tried many various combinations. Even some in bright noon sun for a nice nail shadow and fast shutter speed. it's like my depth is only 1/4 an inch, even with high apertures. Product of such a close up of this lenses limit? I dunno.

There is actually 4 nails, all down but this guy, I wanted to get all 4, but I cant get all 4 in focus up close, I have to back off, then cut/crop down, which I dont really wanna do.

Something to toy with each day on my smoke breaks. lol.


as for hammering it back down.....nope. I respect him for his defiance, his refusal to let life and others put him down...and conform to those around him. ;-)
 
Why not take the shot straight down then? Get them all in focus, and use light to cast a shadow for the one that is up. I think it would increase interestingness for this image exponentially.

Using light you could place that shadow anywhere you want.
 
Why not take the shot straight down then? Get them all in focus, and use light to cast a shadow for the one that is up. I think it would increase interestingness for this image exponentially.

Using light you could place that shadow anywhere you want.

interesting...I shall try that out. If I do it right, then the only way you'll know its up is from the shadow. I like it.
 
I miss the poet and photographer in you when you say you don't like rain.... For me rain is one of the most beautiful event in Nature..... I like rain like anything ;)

In your image, the bottom pat looks blurred and that distracts a bit; and i would not keep those nails to that much border

regards ;)
 
I like it the way it is.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom