What's new

Derelict Industry

pm63

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 23, 2007
Messages
587
Reaction score
0
Location
London
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
View it big.

2760313333_c4a47c7245.jpg
 
AAARGH why do I not have a knack for picking catchy titles!?

ANY comments? Please? If it sucks just say so.
 
AAARGH why do I not have a knack for picking catchy titles!?

ANY comments? Please? If it sucks just say so.

It doesn't look derelict to me. I like the shot and the way you included foreground and sky in it. But it does not invoke a 'derelict' feeling in me. Could just be me.:)
 
Thanks. Fair enough on the derelict quality, I guess you could call that a matter of opinion but I can assure you that it is an out of use, rotten building with smashed windows! :D
 
I guess what I mean is that I was expecting a more depressing image from the title and I find that this is far from depressing.
 
I guess what I mean is that I was expecting a more depressing image from the title and I find that this is far from depressing.

Fair enough, I didn't really intend the title to hint at a depressing image but that could be my mistake.

It is a very clean, nice and simple image. I like it.

It's nice to hear that. I do try to keep it simple and uncluttered.
 
I'm gonna have to agree with people that the title doesn't really seem particularly fitting. It's too colorful, bright, alive to be considered 'derelict' to me. That doesn't necessarily make it a bad shot, but I'm not really getting much of a purpose from the shot.
 
Guess I picked the wrong title then. I'm not sure what you mean by not getting much of a purpose from the shot?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom