Desert adventure over

thietbivesinhso1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After five years I am moving back to the UK from Qatar.
Things I will miss most are the people and the food. I have made some life long friends and got a real taste for Middle East cuisine. Having said that within minutes of me landing in the UK I will be having a bacon sandwich and have ordered black pudding from a local butcher for when I get back to my home town.

I learned to drive across deserts and will return in a few years just to see if they will ever finish building Doha.

I have a hard drive full of memories that I will cherish and share.

I will not miss the mind numbing bureaucracy of every day life for an expat here or the dust that pervades everything. The heat of a summer here is an experience everyone should have once.

I will be offline for a while and have a few interviews lined up in mainland Europe so if everything goes well I will be posting pictures with greenery soon enough.

See you on the other side.

After five years I am moving back to the UK from Qatar.
Things I will miss most are the people and the food. I have made some life long friends and got a real taste for Middle East cuisine. Having said that within minutes of me landing in the UK I will be having a bacon sandwich and have ordered black pudding from a local butcher for when I get back to my home town.

I learned to drive across deserts and will return in a few years just to see if they will ever finish building Doha.

I have a hard drive full of memories that I will cherish and share.

I will not miss the mind numbing bureaucracy of every day life for an expat here or the dust that pervades everything. The heat of a summer here is an experience everyone should have once.

I will be offline for a while and have a few interviews lined up in mainland Europe so if everything goes well I will be posting pictures with greenery soon enough.

See you on the other side.

Good luck! Be ready for some "reverse" culture shock :) I lived abroad for 5 years (Turkey and Portugal) and was not prepared for how odd and overwhelming it would feel sometimes.

Looking forward to some of those pictures!

Hope all goes well for you. I've been away from my home country for over 15 years, but still think the UK is a very nice place to be (in the summer).

I hope it has been going well.

Most reactions

Back