desert scape

MX962

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_0349copy.jpg

great shot, the line & direction of the river go against the direction of the MTN, very nice

is this a HDR image? I am looking at the HALO effect behind the mountain range.
I guess in a way it is an hdr to some affect but I do it differently than the standard 3 image stack up if you will.
What I did was under expose very slightly ,making sure I had no blow outs in the sky ,,, So now I have an image with a perfect sky "At least for me it is"Then I load it in photochop make a layermask of the sky then i am able to adjust just the sky and nothing else ,there were acually 3 different layer masks one of the sky,the water and the forground and mountain in back all adjusted differently. The original image the water was just dreery grey :(

Thanks ian and mesoam. I know where you are talking about ian but no it is in fact the Owyhee river in Oregon. There is some realy amzing sites out there and with spring flowers just around the corner this place will just come alive :)

Hi Ed,

I think this is a great shot with beautiful colors and beautiful light. The landscape is beautiful. Well done! :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Greetings,
Ann :sillysmi:

Kudos on doing it the old fashioned way and not going HDR, but the halo really kills the image for me. I would personally rework that layermask.

Unfortunately when you did the "layer stack up" it made some parts of the photo look like they were cut & pasted in. Like when the rocks of the bottom left meet the water, that looks kind of weird.

I think instead you should try a subtle hdr.

Just my 2 cents.

Unfortunately when you did the "layer stack up" it made some parts of the photo look like they were cut & pasted in. Like when the rocks of the bottom left meet the water, that looks kind of weird.

I think instead you should try a subtle hdr.

Just my 2 cents.

Never will do an hdr ! and there is no cut n past in there i asure you I'm not real sure what your seeing at the bottom neer the rock ledge maybe its contrast looks fine too me there any way,but then again my monitor is quite different from most too,do to my lab and profile

Most reactions

Back