What's new

Desert Sunrise

"Somewhere off a lonely highway in Nevada." The opening sentence to a novel with this photo on the front cover.

I think that's a really fine photo -- nice work! I always prefer a sunrise to a sunset! If I may suggest a few tweaks; the black end is weak. I wouldn't try an open up the foreground so much. I made a Levels adjustment to set the black end. I'd go for a darker moodier feel and so I raised the contrast and darkened the foreground even further. Last tweak I shifted the color yellow in the foreground but not the sky.

Again, nice shot.

Joe

$desert.webp
 
Very nice. I have a special fondness for that area.
 
Good go. I'm a maximalist, so I'd have put the tree 1 bit more to the left to seize the 1/3, but its still great!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom