Desert Twilight

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A view from my campsite the other night
783-1469.jpg

Reagan Mtns., Upper Johnson Valley, California Mojave Desert.

very nice, lovely colours in the fading light.

Thanks Roger- It just sort of blended into a beautiful evening.

this is totally amazing..i love the colors.

Thank you. It never fails me, even a lousy day out there and not finding what I'm looking for (in this case an earthquake escarpment), just blows off and fades away when sunset comes.

Nice! That 10mm really opens it up. Did you modify it much in post? Got WiFi in the dessert or what? :lol:

-Shea

Nice! That 10mm really opens it up. Did you modify it much in post? Got WiFi in the dessert or what? :lol:

-Shea

Thanks Shea. The 10-20 is the best thing I could have done for myself.

It's an hdr, although I probably could have pulled something a little nicer out of the raw.

I live in the city part of the desert. It's easy for me to get out in the empty though. Only about 10 miles away is open areas. Used to be a quarter mile, so I imagine the 10 will become 20 soon. Directions to where I shot these read like; Drive east 20 miles to little town, drive 10 miles more east. Go north on well traveled dirt road and go 20 miles. Turn right down sandy wash and follow 5 miles. Turn right and go down skinny-ass dirt road 7-8 miles until you come to a rocky hill. Drive up hill.

No cell phone service, nobody else, no noise, no distractions other than what I make for myself. Eat poptarts, and cup-o-noodles, drink instant coffee, take pictures at sunrise and sunset, stay in shade during hot part of day and sleep like a baby at night.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back