Thank you. It never fails me, even a lousy day out there and not finding what I'm looking for (in this case an earthquake escarpment), just blows off and fades away when sunset comes.
Thanks Shea. The 10-20 is the best thing I could have done for myself.
It's an hdr, although I probably could have pulled something a little nicer out of the raw.
I live in the city part of the desert. It's easy for me to get out in the empty though. Only about 10 miles away is open areas. Used to be a quarter mile, so I imagine the 10 will become 20 soon. Directions to where I shot these read like; Drive east 20 miles to little town, drive 10 miles more east. Go north on well traveled dirt road and go 20 miles. Turn right down sandy wash and follow 5 miles. Turn right and go down skinny-ass dirt road 7-8 miles until you come to a rocky hill. Drive up hill.
No cell phone service, nobody else, no noise, no distractions other than what I make for myself. Eat poptarts, and cup-o-noodles, drink instant coffee, take pictures at sunrise and sunset, stay in shade during hot part of day and sleep like a baby at night.