Devan, my 16 month old son

MarcusM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first attempt at posting photos on this forum, I hope it works!

This is also my first successful attempt at taking RAW photos with my Canon EOS Digital Rebel and then figuring out how to convert them to JPEGs. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought.

Unfortunately, I only have the 18-55 mm kit lens. The photos are not nearly as sharp as I would like them. Although I think the shot with the fairy was slightly out of focus as I was in a hurry to capture the moment. Feedback appreciated!

Attachments

• $devan and fairy.jpg
    $devan and fairy.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 140
  • $devan and gourds.jpg
    $devan and gourds.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 137
  • $devan about to shoot the gourd.jpg
    $devan about to shoot the gourd.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 137
I just had a thought...it seems like most people here use a third party photo hosting site to post their full size images directly in their post, well I just became a subscriber and you have the ability to upload photos directly in your post if you subscribe. Not sure if I did it correctly, but if you click on each thumbnail you can view the "full" size - I don't know if everyone was aware that they can click to get a larger image.

wow marcus, you do not look old enough to have a son! :) he is very very cute though. i like his expression in the last one with the punpkin over hsi head..hehe.

i do agree that focus could be better, and also try getting down on his level more instead of shooting down on him.

also, a lot of us have the kit lens and you can still get good shots from it ;) you may want to check into getting the 50mm f/1.8. it is only around $75 dollars and takes excellent shots (especially for the price).

I really like the last one. His expression is priceless and the color is beautiful.

wow marcus, you do not look old enough to have a son! :) he is very very cute though. i like his expression in the last one with the punpkin over hsi head..hehe.

i do agree that focus could be better, and also try getting down on his level more instead of shooting down on him.

also, a lot of us have the kit lens and you can still get good shots from it ;) you may want to check into getting the 50mm f/1.8. it is only around $75 dollars and takes excellent shots (especially for the price).

That is everythign I was going to say. And to watch your compisition a bit not to cut off anything important. Vertical is a nice way to do that with some shots. He is ADORABLE!

Thank you everyone for the comments. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get any comments on these shots.

Yea, he's got quite a personality.

Regarding the focus...I am pretty sure there is something wrong with my lens. I will lock the AF and then reframe my shot, and I can hear and feel the lens slightly still trying to focus, while my finger has not moved from the shutter button. I am looking into getting a new lens...hopefully sooner than later.

acaldwell, I'm 29! I think I was 27 in my profile photo.:wink:

Cute kid, love #3

I just had a thought...it seems like most people here use a third party photo hosting site to post their full size images directly in their post, well I just became a subscriber and you have the ability to upload photos directly in your post if you subscribe. Not sure if I did it correctly, but if you click on each thumbnail you can view the "full" size - I don't know if everyone was aware that they can click to get a larger image.
As subscriber I think you should be able to post ether thumbnails or full size (i can), but I do not see your gallery list in the user galleries and I believe that you need it to directly post, it may need to be setup by one of the Mod. Try PM’ing one of them

What setting do you have your autofocus set on? If you have it set to AI servo it says in my book that even if you have your finger on the shutter button halfway it will continue to try to focus if the subject moves.
The only reason I know this is because that was happening to me and it was very frustrating. I now use one shot AF. Good luck!

I like the ones with him and the pumpkins. I actually think your colors look good in your second photo. Children are always hard to focus on when they move around. They still look pretty good to me.

Most reactions

Back