Developing Digital Prints & PP

stigma

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
1) I've encountered this problem with developing my digital prints. They don't come out the way they appear on the computer screen, after post-processing, nor do they come out anywhere near what I see. It's as if my edits on CS2 are magnified 10-fold when I print them. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? Maybe I'm just on crack.

2) I've also had a problem with post-processing over CS2. I find it easier to work with a smaller photo and that the editing I do doesn't really show much on the original size (3000+ pixels x 2000+ pixels). For example, if I wanted to sharpen my original, 3000-pixel-sized photo the sharpening isn't apparent at all. Like I can't see the effects I'm trying to do. However, if the image size was shrunk down to like a 700x500 photo and I try to edit, everything I do is clearly visible.

Calibrate your monitor. It helps ALOT, or atleast it did for me. If you installed photoshop, go to your control panel (if your on win xp), and you should see "Adobe Gamma" on there. Click it and go through the wizard. You might see a huge difference. Most peoples monitors are too light or dark.

For number two, use the magnify tool. Right click, and choose actual pixels, this will zoom to the images true size. Select Fit to screen, and it will zoom out so you can see the full image.

or if you mean the edits aren't too noticable, use smart sharpen or unsharp mask, and use a higher pixel radius.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back