Devil's Club Leaf, Oxalis, and Deer Ferns

Laurence

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I broke my arm two weeks ago, and am just now coming up for air, with the pain finally simmering down to about 50% of the time, versus "unending".

I decided to try some "one-armed" images in the local woods. While not a true rain forest, there is still a large amount of beautiful greens present and exploding forth with the burgeoning Spring weather.

I used only the Tamron SP 70-210 and K110D on the tripod in order to make a "go" of it without sacrificing too much to the "lack of an extra arm". :lol: I actually ended up using my nose, my teeth, and my knees to "hold" the camera while adjusting the wing nuts of the tripod! Took a lonnngggg time to set images up, but it sure was better than sitting in the house!

The Devil's Club leaf is about 18 inches across. :shock:

DClubFerns.jpg

Young Goatsbeard
Goatsbeard.jpg

Lady Fern Roll-Up
LadyFern5.jpg

Roll-Up Close
LadyFern6.jpg

Log and Light
LogBeauties2.jpg

Fern Tip
LadyFern4.jpg

Daisy Mae
DaisyBunch.jpg

Re-Curve
LadyFern7.jpg

Long Frond
LadyFern3.jpg

Saw Blade
Saw4.jpg

Saw Blade #3
Saw3.jpg

Spring Beauties with Sword Ferns
SBeautiesFerns.jpg

I really like the log, I just think it looks cool. I like the rolled ferns as well.

Some really nice work there - where are they taken? The foliage looks awfully similar to that found in my neck of the woods.

The colours in all of these photos is very much to my heart :heart: :lovey: --- ahhh! GREEN!!!

Given the story of the "making of" of these photos, they are all really good. I'm happy for you that you're at least back to wanting to be out and about and not stuck inside the house, and you crowned your expedition into the woods with a collection of lovely photos! The soft fern pics are fascinating, and I do love the light on the log!

And I admire you for knowing the names of your plants!!!

Thanks all! I appreciate all your comments!

tiredmike: I am just south of you, on the Olympic peninsula!

LaFoto: I KNEW the greens would get you going! :lol:

Thanks again!

Laurence

Most reactions

New Topics

Back