Devil's Punchbowl

slowclown

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My first post! Hope you guys like them.
a few from my trip to Devil's Punchbowl in California.
1003039wm0.jpg

1003075if9.jpg

1003125ms2.jpg

Welcome to TPF! The Punchbowl is an incredible place. You get out there often?

That was my first time. My friend and I try to periodically go on hiking trips. One big one each year and shorter trips a few times a year to keep us sane. Our first trip was to Yosemite for 3 days and Devil's Punchbowl was the 2nd trip. D.P. is about an hour and a half from us so it was a good Saturday trip. Later this year we're trying to go to Arizona for a week. Sedona, The Waves, The Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, etc. Can't wait for that one.

That was my first time. My friend and I try to periodically go on hiking trips. One big one each year and shorter trips a few times a year to keep us sane. Our first trip was to Yosemite for 3 days and Devil's Punchbowl was the 2nd trip. D.P. is about an hour and a half from us so it was a good Saturday trip. Later this year we're trying to go to Arizona for a week. Sedona, The Waves, The Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, etc. Can't wait for that one.

Sounds like fun. I'd like to see Lake Powell someday. The Waves too.

Another nice area probably even closer to you is Vasquez Rocks. On the west side of the 14 Fwy. before Palmdale. The Poppy Reserve -probably- will be great in a few months. But maybe you're familiar with these spots?

Someday I'd like to shoot all, I think there's 12, maybe 14 natural arches at the punchbowl. I got 5 or 6 of them about 6 years ago, but would like to reshoot those and the rest with the better camera I have now.

Anyway, rambling on...

I was not aware of those places. Thanks, I'll check them out. I'm always looking for some cool to go within an hour or two of LA.

Most reactions

Back