Diana's Baths Bartlette NH

johnfreed0

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken with a Busch Pressman Model D, 6" Acuton at f22 at 1/8 sec. Negative is TRI-X developed in HC110-B. Print is on MG IV fiber base developed in ANSCO-120.
dianas_bath_1.jpg

Nice image, do you have a wider view?

This is such a great spot in all seasons. Was this recent? If so, was the ice all melted?

This is such a great spot in all seasons. Was this recent? If so, was the ice all melted?
I took this around 30 years ago. If memory does not fail me, it was in the spring after the melt and before the black flys.
The place has been 'upgraded' since then with access to the pool and the bottom of the falls and lots of railings to keep tourists from falling into the river and drowning before the can spend the last of their money. Back then, there was a rather crude trail that led back to the falls and you could go anywhere you liked at your own risk.

There is still a trail and you can still go anywhere you like including in the falls. The railings are part of a path that was made to make the lower part handicap accessible.

There is still a trail and you can still go anywhere you like including in the falls. The railings are part of a path that was made to make the lower part handicap accessible.

I stand corrected. I might pack up the F1 and give it another try this spring. We stopped by last summer and I was turned off by the number of people and the new additions.

I stand corrected. I might pack up the F1 and give it another try this spring. We stopped by last summer and I was turned off by the number of people and the new additions.

Yes it gets insanely crowded in summer and parking is hard to find. So much more popular than years ago! We’ve gone there in summer to cool off under the falls. It’s a bit less crowded early morning or very late afternoon. If you want photos without all the tourists in the falls you’ll need to go in a different season. I love the way it looks when it’s partially frozen but still flowing.

Thank you, personally I enjoy the bigger view.

We all have our waterfall stories. My wife and I drove about 15 minutes up a small creek in Michigan to capture a waterfall. The parking area indicated another 1/2 mile walk. As soon as we turned the motor off, a cloud of mosquitoes rose from the ground and another cloud of black flies descended on the truck. I told my wife if we were going to photograph this falls in would be later.... on snowshoes. :)

Most reactions

Back