Dice Splash: First try at high speed

brandonbpm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally got a shot with both dice in the air and a decent sized splash (without obstructing the dice too much) after dropping dice in water for 20 minutes and making a huge mess. Was actually really fun though, I enjoyed myself :)

Dice Big by BrandonBPM, on Flickr

These are kinda fun - I must try this myself. My only comment is that there is very little contrast in the water and so it is bit hard to see parts of the splash. Have you tried using coloured water and/or a flash off-camera with a gel on it, or a variabley coloured background?

WesternGuy

These are kinda fun - I must try this myself. My only comment is that there is very little contrast in the water and so it is bit hard to see parts of the splash. Have you tried using coloured water and/or a flash off-camera with a gel on it, or a variabley coloured background?

WesternGuy

Thanks for your comment, I havent tried any of that. I think that will probably be my next step. I admittedly was pretty tentative when it comes to this attempt simply because I had never tried anything like this. Bigger, more colorful, maybe even paint or colored milk instead of water (so the liquid isnt so transparent), I definitely want to branch and get more creative. But for the purpose of this first try, I figured simplicity never hurts!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back