difference between d300 vs d300s

Blkg8gt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I currently have a d60 and was looking for something new and couldnt decide if I should get a d90 or the d300. I have decided that i must have the d300 but I have noticed they have an "s" now? Is it worth the extra money and what does this have that the other doesnt?

Google answers all.

The new D300s is pretty much the exact same except for the following additions to from the D300

New camera shoots HD movies at 720p resolution. Maximum length is only 5 minutes for 720p and 20 mins for lower video resolutions. Poor in comparison to Canon's.

THe s is slightly faster than the D300, shooting at 7 FPS (300 is 6 FPS). With battery pack, both shoot 8 FPS

The s has Dual card slots

Active D-Lighting now has "Auto" and "Extra High" added.

New camera has a dedicated "Lv" (LiveView) and "Info" buttons on the back of the camera.

That's pretty much it!

Some reviews I've read, mentioned that it isn't as GREAT as D300 or D90 in high ISO. I can't vouch for any of it, since don't have 300s.
Good Luck

Some reviews I've read, mentioned that it isn't as GREAT as D300 or D90 in high ISO. I can't vouch for any of it, since don't have 300s.
Good Luck

I read one that said there was noise at ISO200!! THe Nikon's lowest! Although it was still a highly rated camera.

Good Luck

I read one that said there was noise at ISO200!! THe Nikon's lowest! Although it was still a highly rated camera.

all nikons have some kind of noise visible at iso200...long exposures also add noise and the lighting etc....

I would be shocked if the D300s had worse ISO noise performance that the D300

Most reactions

Back