benhasajeep58 56
Been spending a lot of time on here!
- Joined
- May 4, 2006
- Messages
- 4,136
- Reaction score
- 604
I ordered a Monster adapter since I have so many F lenses. I just did a quick test and so far so good. Did have some noise issues and complied with their 1.2 firmware update and that helped (apparently aperture motor). So far just pointing around in office in my house the 50mm f/1.8, 16mm f/2.8, and 135 f/2 DC all worked fine focusing. Like others have complained there is AF motor noise. I would say a bit louder than current DSLR's, but maybe no so loud as the older mid model SLR's.
Going to dig out some other lenses to give it a larger test. Also going to pull some AF-I and AF-S lenses as I also received my FTZII adapter as well.
Edit: Sending it back. The focus hunts quite a bit on objects that it should pick up quickly. One lens 35-70 f/2.8 AF-D barely works on it if at all. Next issue is with fast lenses f/2.8, 2.0, and 1.4's it aperture drifts as you focus in close (increases). 105 f/2.8 AF-D, 135 f/2.0 AF-D DC, 60 f/2.8 AF-d all aperture drifted. If I remember my 80-200 f/2.8 AF-D also did.
It would be useable if you just wanted to put a lens on the camera but for the price it's not worth it.
2 shots from my oldest AF lens Nikkor 35-70 f/3.3-4.5 AF (non D) 1989. Exif does show the proper lens through the adapter.
Going to dig out some other lenses to give it a larger test. Also going to pull some AF-I and AF-S lenses as I also received my FTZII adapter as well.
Edit: Sending it back. The focus hunts quite a bit on objects that it should pick up quickly. One lens 35-70 f/2.8 AF-D barely works on it if at all. Next issue is with fast lenses f/2.8, 2.0, and 1.4's it aperture drifts as you focus in close (increases). 105 f/2.8 AF-D, 135 f/2.0 AF-D DC, 60 f/2.8 AF-d all aperture drifted. If I remember my 80-200 f/2.8 AF-D also did.
It would be useable if you just wanted to put a lens on the camera but for the price it's not worth it.
2 shots from my oldest AF lens Nikkor 35-70 f/3.3-4.5 AF (non D) 1989. Exif does show the proper lens through the adapter.
Last edited: