I never said it was, I said some might think so with all the info on the back screen anyway. And realistically I look mostly at the info in the viewfinder. I find the top LCD handy when on a tripod or getting rough settings, quick glance, etc.
I also don't pay attention to DXO results, can you SEE that difference? Because I sure can't... I've had both and that definitely wasn't one of the factors in which to keep. Heck, if you only go by that the D90 is a better camera than the D300s too.
Just playing devil's advocate for the most part since most threads like this take the D90 role and the D5000 never gets a fair shot. Other than price, there are advantages to the D5000 - just depends on the buyer which one weighs out on top for them. As I stated, you typically only read about the advantages of the D90 over the D5000, I'm just pointing out the other side of the coin.