Hi everyone, I'm a long time follower, first time poster!
I have a pretty simple question, but one that will either save (or cost) me a couple hundred dollars. I'm investing in a 24-70mm lens, and decided that I like Sigma overall over tamron (I have a tamron 28-70 2.8 now and just feels very cheaply made to me compared to the sigma lenses, also is having some AF issues.
Anyway, I didn't post to debate whether tamron or sigma are better, just wondering what the main difference between the following two lenses are, and whether it's worth the $330 price jump.
Lens 1: Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 IF EX DG HSM Autofocus Lens for Canon EOS
-Price: $899.00
-MFR #: 571101
-LINK: please go to b&H and search 571101 (can't post link since its my first post)
Lens 2: Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro DF Autofocus Lens for Canon EOS
-Price: $569.00
-MFR #: 548101
-LINK: please go to b&H and search 548101 (can't post link since its my first post)
I of course assume the lens for 899 is better, but I just want to know if it really is worth the extra money for it.
Thank you very much!
Nick Popa
Popa Videography
I have a pretty simple question, but one that will either save (or cost) me a couple hundred dollars. I'm investing in a 24-70mm lens, and decided that I like Sigma overall over tamron (I have a tamron 28-70 2.8 now and just feels very cheaply made to me compared to the sigma lenses, also is having some AF issues.
Anyway, I didn't post to debate whether tamron or sigma are better, just wondering what the main difference between the following two lenses are, and whether it's worth the $330 price jump.
Lens 1: Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 IF EX DG HSM Autofocus Lens for Canon EOS
-Price: $899.00
-MFR #: 571101
-LINK: please go to b&H and search 571101 (can't post link since its my first post)
Lens 2: Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro DF Autofocus Lens for Canon EOS
-Price: $569.00
-MFR #: 548101
-LINK: please go to b&H and search 548101 (can't post link since its my first post)
I of course assume the lens for 899 is better, but I just want to know if it really is worth the extra money for it.
Thank you very much!
Nick Popa
Popa Videography