different editing style

Fender5388

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
been seeing a lot of those de saturated digital photos lately, thought id give it a try, dont know if i did it right, i think i stared at it to long, and i cant tell if i like it or not really.

Original edit
6037132983_62fa3fe15a_z.jpg

New edit
6037684774_644e8a213b_z.jpg

should i stick with what i know, or keep trying at this?

IMO I like the original better but then again....what do I know :)

ehh, i agree with the above. the first looks more vibrant and lively, especially how the subject is a guy on a bmx. one would associate action and speed with that and with the second edit, with the duller and less saturated colours, it looks faded and weathered and doesn't promote as much "action" as the first

i like the black background,,nice images

In both photos I am surprised that a man with no legs can get that much air on a bmx :p

I think I prefer the second edit personally.

yeah I prefer the slightly desaturated look on #2 good job on both though

I don't think you really made much of an impact by desaturating this photo, I don't think it really enhanced anything or changed the mood of the photo. FWIW, I really like the original though!

Maybe this would be one of those rare times where you could desaturate the background and leave the rider a bit more saturated... I like the graffiti more in #2, but it makes his features look blown out.

i know what you are talking about. try desaturating and taking the vibrance down just a bit. him being blown out doesnt help though.

Dont know what the quality of the picture is like though I would like a portrait crop since I feel that the left hand side of the image dosent provide any value to the image.

another vote for the original.. dont follow the masses, although i definitely follow the desat train of thought a lot

this particular shot doesn't make the effect as noticeable as say, a portrait. There's a lot of empty black space and the subject is relatively small. Try it again on a shot with a lot of colors and detail.

this particular shot doesn't make the effect as noticeable as say, a portrait. There's a lot of empty black space and the subject is relatively small. Try it again on a shot with a lot of colors and detail.

thatskind of what i thought already, but i solved the problem and just started shooting and developing my own color film ha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back