Different wedding album - 56k warning 25 pics

cillie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.prophotography.co.za
I'm expanding my product range to include a coffee table type wedding album.
It will be 10x15" (250x375mm) with a nice leather hard cover.

I've just finished the layout of my sample album and would love to hear your C & C!

p1
p02.jpg

p2
p03.jpg

p3
p04.jpg

p4
p05.jpg

p5
p06.jpg

p6a
p07.jpg

p6b
p08.jpg

p7
p09.jpg

p8
p10.jpg

p9
p11.jpg

p10
p12.jpg

p11
p13.jpg

p12
p14.jpg

p13
p15.jpg

p14
p16.jpg

p15
p17.jpg

p16
p18.jpg

p17
p19.jpg

p18
p20.jpg

p19
p21.jpg

p20
p22.jpg

p21
p23.jpg

p22
p24.jpg

p23
p25.jpg

p24
p26.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Like the layout but some of the pics look too dark on my monitor (may just be my crappy monitor!!) and seem to need some curves adjustment to me - particularly 19... like the tones of p17 and 20 but feel they would also benefit from a bit of curves tweaking..... Im no pro though so im sure you'll get better advice from the others.... Overalll i really like it though and have been looking into these albums myself for the day that i take on wedding photography- for now i will stick to portraiture to gain enough practice first xx good work x

It's a nice album, but are you doing this all by hand in PS, or are you using some software?
The reason I asked, is that I just completed an 80 page album, and it took me a full day with software.
Doesn't sound like a big deal, but if you do weddings once or twice a week, with packages that have albums, this isn't gonna work.
If this is something you are doing on occassion, it's a different story.
At any rate, I think the bride will like it.
Hugs!
Cindy

Also, unless you are doing a flushmount, you have several pages that fall into the binder line. Check with your book lab to make sure these pages will work.
Best Wishes!
Cindy

Edited to add: this is what I'm talking about. To follow are two album sides, book bound and the Book Template so you can see. (It's an expensive lesson to learn any other way).

Note that the center details in these photos are not essential:
layoutweb.jpg

layoutweb2.jpg

and here is the layout for the actual lab.....if you take my images and move them to the template, you will see that the essential material does not fall into the book binding. (Opps, tried to print my lab temp, but it won't.) But if you take this image, print it out on a page, and then fold the page in half you will see that the essential details are safe.
The only reason I'm really grinding on this, is I don't want you to order a book at a few hundred bucks, and then have the bride going zilla on you.

I love the toning on some of those...and the soft ethereal look that some of them have. Beautiful. I prefer the pages with less images just because it seems to make them more special. But, I understand wanting to fit a good amount of images in the album.

Most reactions

Back