Digital Camera Battery Question

Soul Rebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We have some of those rechargable batteries specifically for a digital camera and the only thing is says is to not charge it more than 24 hours.

Well today is absoultely beautiful but the batteries are dead. I was wondering if I put those things on the charger for an hour how long you think I could expect the camera to run? Are we talking half an hour or so or possibly more?

Depends on the battery.

My Nikon batteries will fully charge in less than an hour. My AA's will charge in 15 minutes but will only last about 30 flashes. The longer I leave them charge the more they will last in a flash.

Charge them for an hour and see what happens. At least you will know.

I got about an hour and 20 minutes before the camera died. There isnt even enough power to take the photos off the camera:(

what kind of camera do you have? and how many mAh is the battery rated? mAh (read milliamp-hour) basically tells you how long a battery will last, relative to how much current the electrical product uses...

Even though I can't give you an exact answer to how long a battery will last, this information is useful for buying replacement batteries in the future..I've bought 3rd party batteries with a higher milliamp-hour for a much cheaper price and they do in fact work longer. Just a thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milliamp-hour

I have always heard that the first time you charge a battery, you really want to make sure it's fully charged. I usually charge them the first time for 12-24 hours depending on the battery and the MAh. When I had a Sony, it would take about 4 hours, and when I went to Pentax with AA it takes a little longer, but they are 2500MAh batteries. (of course when I charged the Sony in Italy it took only 2 seconds before it smoked and popped :( ) Charge them until the light goes off the first time, and then about an hour longer.

I have a FujiFilm FinePix S3000. When I first got the batteries I charged them a full 24 hours (exactly, had the times in my calendar and was alerted when finished) like the package says.

The batteries are 2000 mAh.

Soul Rebel said:
I got about an hour and 20 minutes before the camera died. There isnt even enough power to take the photos off the camera:(

Buy a card reader. They are only $20 (around here anyway). The transfer will probably be faster and it won't use your camera's batteries.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back