Digital Camera in sub-zero temperatures

^ holy jesus. Where were you, antarctica?

I don't think I'll ever take my camera out in sub-zero temps because

1) I won't find my self in many sub-zero temps in cali
2) I don't think it's worth it

haha

haha

When it's subzero for months on end a person pretty much has to come to terms with it . . .unfortunately :confused:

Thanks to everyone for all the valuable information. I am back and my camera is still working. I did end up condensing some moisture, though. Apparently half an hour wasn't enough for it to warm up.

I'll make sure this never happens again.

Ya when its below zero for months and months on end there isn't much one can do...

But the other day I was driving around looking for some nice pictures with my XTi in the passenger seat. Once I found some tree's totally covered in snow that looked cool I stopped and didn't think twice about taking camera out of the warm truck straight into -35C winter. It wasn't snowing or anything but I spent around 1.5 hours out in the cold and nothing bad happened to my camera or lens. I didn't change lens' in the cold I just kept my 75-300 lens on the whole time.

I guess I should of thought on it a little more but... ah if it brakes then warranty would be done is all, I guess.

haha

The mountains here get sub zero fairly often... Never taken my camera out quite that cold though.

I have found that in really cold temperatures -20C to -40C with wind, that a light soft camera case like a Targus works to prevent the camera from getting cold or hot quickly thus preventing frost or condensation problems.
The major problem for me is keeping my breath from frosting up the viewfinder.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back