Digital Crunch!

ImNick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is in the Digital Crunch section of Dig BMX magazine, Issue 78. Chris Noble. Double peg to hop over.

4737623452_30c994c4db_b.jpg

Nice composition and lines, however I'd try cloning out the orange blotches in the background which draw away from the subject.

Congrats on the publicity btw.

I dont like altering reality. but thanks thought! I was/am so stoked that this was in the magazine.

You wouldn't be altering reality per se... Just the background. Haha ;)

I dont like altering reality.....
A photograph substantially alters reality, so you're violating your own tenent as soon as you release the shutter.

In reality, the subject was in focus and the background wasn't blurred. Further, there was no instant in time the rider was motionless while the shutter was open.

I dont like altering reality.....
A photograph substantially alters reality, so you're violating your own tenent as soon as you release the shutter.

In reality, the subject was in focus and the background wasn't blurred. Further, there was no instant in time the rider was motionless while the shutter was open.
In reality (depending on what you're looking at) the background is blurred. If you don't believe me, take a pencil, hold it 6 inches in front of your face with your computer screen in the background. Close one eye and focus on the eraser. The computer screen is blurred. In YOUR reality, the background is blurred. The camera is just a substitute for YOUR reality. Therefore, it is not altering reality.

At every instant in time, the rider is motionless. Ah, the fletcher's paradox.

i love people that feel the urge to just go and make pictures black and white and do stupid **** to them. let me guess, you are probably one of the people that edited the photos a while back of sailboats and made them into some terrible looking single HDR crap. its annoying. seriously, i dont care if you edit my pictures, just do something worth the time. This picture is in popular bmx magazine do you honestly think ill be like "OH HEY! this B and W is so SICK! I going to change it now!!!:D" im not going to apologize for being a dick.

Umm what a fuC&tard... Your profile says "ok to edit". Wouldnt a simple, nah I don't care for it be acceptable? The subject isn't even in focus. The only thing in focus is the rail itself, it's not like you created a masterpiece here. You should ban yourself.

i know it says its ok. but whats the point of changing it to black and white? nothing. im sorry that poster wasted his time on making it black and white. sorry when i think something is stupid i tell them what i honestly think. sorry you cant over it. sorry Ryan L i dont care what people think of me. oh and if you use your reading comprehension skillZ, i mentioned earlier that i dont mind if people edit my photos. just do something worth the time. and i didnt post this picture asking for C&C or anything. i just posted it. if i want help with something or a different perspective on things, i will. ban me, for not being a jolly person who cares too much about people ill never meet and no nothing about. please.

Wow...I wouldnt worry about my reading comprehension skills as much as your grammer skills. He was just offering a alternative edit that you might not have thought of. I don't look at every print I make, and think to change it to B&W. People often look at their work with tunnel vision and don't see things others might. Did you ever think or see what it would look like in B&W?

BuS_Rider actually said "Very nice photo... " That was a compliment, I just don't see why you would bash him for it.

You never know who you will meet. I socialize with alot of photographers in Michigan since I live here, it's called networking. If I remember correctly from talking with you before, you are in Battle Creek. Just 30 minutes away, we could have been best buddies. Why the bad attitude? Parents didn't love you or what?

Are you a photographer for that magazine or did they just choose a picture you sent in? Just curious.

Are you a photographer for that magazine or did they just choose a picture you sent in? Just curious.

No he just got some superiority complex from them using one of his photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back