Digital imaging software?

driftking2k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have photoshop cs3 for editing and making stuff, is that good enough to edit pics?

Or should I get PhotoImpact? I seen a guy in another thread do some amazing stuff with photoimpact, and Im thinking about trying it out.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1307582&postcount=4

Just messed around with different filter effects in PhotoImpact. Once I had the coloring I liked I lightly blurred the facial skin to hide her pores

is this possible to do in photoshop? Is photoimpact that necessary?

It depends on how well you know photoshop. I prefer photoshop over any other photo editing software simply because I've been with the program since 1995.

But to answer your question, yes, it's possible to do with photoshop. Try doing a google search for some photoshop tutorials. I had a nice bookmarked site back on my old work computer but I'll be damned if I can find it now. :(

As for the blurring affect or airbrushed look, I use Defuse Glow in the Filter Gallery and then adjust the settings according to what you want.

I have photoshop elements, and I can't figure the damn thing out if my life depended on it.

Another good program is Adobe Lightroom. I use Photoshop for anything that I have to do, but I did get the trial for Lightroom just to see what it was and mess around on it. Seems like it would do most of the things that PS does.

Most reactions

Back