Digital Techniques for shooting cars

PhotoDrenaline

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am making a portfolio designed all around the subject of cars, and I am curious to see if anyone out there could share some techniques with me that could improve my automotive photography. Plus, if anyone who reads this has any input on something that may not apply specifically to shooting cars please feel free I'm a sponge for knowledge!! Thanks

do some panning shots, do a shot when u are in another car infront of ur subject car while moving, that wuld look nice.

When you shoot, do it at about hood level and make sure you can see the front grill and the entire length of the car on the driver's side for the front shots. For back shots, do the opposite corner (rear passenger side).

A Good angle i would use alot is to sit in the passenger seat then open the window, and shoot the wing mirror to show off the side of the car also if you place the camera infront of the front wheel on any side then aim the camera up so that you can see the wheel and most of the side of the car it is also a nice effect and placing the camera infront of the car facing up so that the plate isnt visible but the full front is would be a good shot also.

Good luck with the portfolio.

Pick up some car magazines...they are full of photos made by people who's job it is to photograph cars. To get things started...try to copy/emulate the shots you like...then start experimenting on your own.

Most reactions

Back