digital zoom on lumix fz28

kerryogorman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently purchased a Panasonic FZ28 (seems really great) and I have a question about digital zoom. I elected to set digital zoom to "yes" in the custom (C1) mode. I went through the menus carefully and completed all the choices, including digital zoom = yes. Every time I turn the camera off and turn it on again digital zoom has been set back to "no". Am I doing something wrong or is this how it works? If so, what would be the rationale for not allowing digital zoom to remain "on"?

Don't ever use digital zoom. All it is doing is basically cropping the image to get the zoom. You can do that with much more control and much better quality with post processing by cropping yourself.

Digital zoom is the very first thing I turn off when I have a new camera in my hands.

Don't ever use digital zoom. All it is doing is basically cropping the image to get the zoom. You can do that with much more control and much better quality with post processing by cropping yourself.

Digital zoom is the very first thing I turn off when I have a new camera in my hands.
Exactly. Shoot everything using 'just' the 20x optical zoom, if later you decide you want to get a tighter crop of one particular object, just use photo editing software.

Thanks. That makes sense. The 18x zoom is plenty and I have a number of cropping tools that I can use in post processing. So much for digital zoom.

Many thanks to the two responders.
Kerry

Most reactions

Back