DirtKarting

AceCo55

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A selection from last weekend's DirtKart meet.

#1:

#2:

#3:

#4:

#5:

#6:

Overall, a nice series. use to drive Enduro karts way back in the 70's, so this does bring back some found memories. Pic# 1 looks like you have it backwards. Blur the background not the kart. I find myself staring at the two guys. Pic #3 is a classic, and speaks volumes about the action, the karts, and the drivers.

Didn't realise dirt karting existed, I've only seen normal asphalt karting before! Good series, and re #1 I think the idea was to focus on the 2 guys in the background, showing 2 friends with their plastic chairs on a makeshift grandstand, enjoying the action .. well that's what I thought when I first saw it :)

Thank you both for taking the time to comment - appreciate it.
Polymoog - you got it right. I did #1 deliberately for a bit of a different "take". The club is run by volunteers and these two gentlemen are legends in the club. They are responisble for grading and setting up the track surface. Every couple of heats they run around the track with water and rollers. At half time in a race meet, they get out the graders and remake the track. This is a bit of a tribute to them. Kart #77 going past is the grandson of the gentleman on the right.
I do take lots of panning shots with the karts in focus - but I just wanted to try something different here.

Ditkarting is cheaper than bitumen track karting. It is a real family affair and there is an enormously friendly atmospere amongst the people. It is very spectacular with karts power sliding and lifting wheels through the corners.

Oh man, this looks like fun!!!!

I too was wondering if the focus in number one was intentional or not. I see what you were going for, focusing on the old men in the BG, but I'd also like to have seen another shot of the driver in focus.

Here are three panned shots at the same part of the track as #1 but with the kart in focus. In #7 and #9 you can see the two gentlemen.

#7:

#8:

#9:

Nice series of shots, well done..!!!. Use to run a clubman (asphalt) years ago at southern kart club (Bolivar) plus raced at other tracks...
OK, dirt racing is cheaper but Oh sooooooooo much dirtier... LOL... So which track were these shots taken..????

Nice series of shots, well done..!!!. Use to run a clubman (asphalt) years ago at southern kart club (Bolivar) plus raced at other tracks...
OK, dirt racing is cheaper but Oh sooooooooo much dirtier... LOL... So which track were these shots taken..????

Lucindale in the South East. When they race in the wet it is a mud bath!!! You definitely want to be in the lead and not following someone!!

Thanks soxOZ, Hussain Frutan and imagemaker46 - I really appreciate the time you have taken to comment.
There is another race meet this weekend - I really enjoy the shooting and also the people at these meets. very friendly and they all help each other out with spare parts, repairs etc. Has a real family atmosphere. And the racing is exciting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back