Mulewings~

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4288805830_d9055ffed5.jpg

I am torn between the color version of this or the black and white!!!

Can't say either way unless we can see both.

But the B&W version needs work. Your snow is gray.

It doesn't look like there would be much of a difference in this scene, heh. I'd recommend a huge increase in exposure to brighten up everything... like a full two stops or until your whites are on the verge of losing detail. From there I'd give it a healthy dose of contrast and then you'd probably be good. Doesn't look like it needs much sharpening or anything else.

I think the composition is good and we'll be able to appreciate it more when it is a little brighter.

P.S. if your using lightroom, you can hit "L" a couple times and it'll make the background go black around the image and make it easier to judge if it's bright enough.

P.S. if your using lightroom, you can hit "L" a couple times and it'll make the background go black around the image and make it easier to judge if it's bright enough.

Funny, that's the last thing I would have suggested. Very few art pieces are mated in black because it radically change the way the image is perceived. The ultimate, neutral mat would be medium gray but, because that is kind of ugly to most people, white is most often used.

Post the colour version please.

4288062415_d736c324b6_b.jpg

If you up the contrast and bring out the trees more then would you then lose the effect of the fog?

If you turn the snow white ~~ which it wasn't due to the sky color I think you lose the reality of the fog.

Just my take but go ahead and show me what you mean so I can learn from it if you would like to.

Thanks so much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back