rexbobcat
Been spending a lot of time on here!
- Joined
- Nov 28, 2011
- Messages
- 5,014
- Reaction score
- 1,968
- Location
- United States
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I think intent matters. There's no way of reading an artist's mind to tell if they're BSing or not, but...If I painted two circles and a square on a canvas just for the sake of painting two circles and a square in a gallery, and a bunch of critics show up and say "it clearly shows the struggles of the middle-class during this economic recession", I know that that is just BS, but if I say "oh yeah, that's totally what I was going for" then who's going to question it without looking like an ass?
It's almost like a fluke or a bluff that is almost impossible to call somebody on.
I'd like to believe that intent is a large part of art, but it's impossibly difficult to empirically prove an artist's intent, so....I don't know...
It's almost like a fluke or a bluff that is almost impossible to call somebody on.
I'd like to believe that intent is a large part of art, but it's impossibly difficult to empirically prove an artist's intent, so....I don't know...
My horse may not be modern but it is much more "professional" and more "experienced" by decades than yours.