Dishonest media headlines

Perception_21.png

The headline is just to get your attention. Read the story!

It's from the New York Daily News - that's a tabloid. In spite of what it's called - it's a TABLOID!

I don't know why MSN is using these type stories, maybe the same reason there are now ads AKA 'sponsored stories' running across the screen in between the stories which could probably be mistaken for news stories - I suppose to get people to look and to make money from ads.

There's plenty out there that is misleading, there are sites that appear to be news sources but they're not. Many don't have editors or a publisher that a legitimate news source would have. I think it can be hard to tell the difference, and sources of information shouldn't necessarily be taken at face value.

I think some sites are done by a modern day version of an old fashioned flim flam man (and/or woman? may not have been those back in the day, today who knows!).

What, wait..........you mean it's not true?
5683785190_45962b83f9_b_d.jpg

Uhm.

What exactly is the problem with the headline. Guy threw a spear at the cops and as a result the cops shot him.

I don't understand what's so misleading. That's pretty much what happened, isn't it?

Most reactions

Back