Dismantled Crab Spider

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all. I found this little guy hanging in my the garden around my pond. He was a little ham as far as photography goes. I can generally never get this side of a crab spider. They would much rather show me their rear :lol:. Anywho, enjoy and please comment. :)

Nikon D300s
Sigma 180mm F/3.5 EX DG HSM APO IF Macro

DSC_6368.jpg

DSC_6433.jpg

Thanks for looking! Please comment. :)
Mark

BTW: I changed my avatar for the first time since I've been registered. :O

Spider seems alittle bright but it probablly doesn't help it being an albino! I love it, seeing spiders up-close generally disgusts me, but I find this guy to be more interesting than anything!

I thought he was albino as well, but his eyes are black. I don't know if they generally come in this color, but my guess would be melanistic if not.

Thanks for the comments!
Mark

Nice shot!

Crab spider of the Mecaphesa branch.. white is not uncommon. They are gorgeous spiders!

Link to BugGuide.net and the Mecaphesa page.. if you are interested Genus Mecaphesa - BugGuide.Net

Thank you. Living in the city-ish environment that I do, we don't get many crab spiders out and about. I've only seen two this whole year. Maybe that's why I've never seen a white one like this. Thanks for the links, too.

Mark

Anytime... I have lots of links for insect ID... kind of a hobby.

crab spiders are more common than you would think. i see them all the time in wildflowers, and they are usually white or yellow, with slight greenish tinges as they age.

crab spiders are more common than you would think. i see them all the time in wildflowers, and they are usually white or yellow, with slight greenish tinges as they age.

so shoot them, Jim, shoot them! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back