Disneyland's birds

andrewdoeshair

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I must look like a creep when I go to Disneyland alone to take pictures of birds, but it's a lot of fun. They're just so used to people, it's like shooting ducks in a barrel. I start to feel like I can go bonk a duck on his head with my lens before he'll take two steps out of my way. Any "nature" pictures I take are 100% for fun. I haven't invested in any decent gear specifically for this (been dreaming of that Sigma 150-600) but the pursuit has been helping me to think more about composition and lighting when I shoot haircuts. Call it practice, I guess.

This first pic is not the greatest, but it was kind of a rare sight so I took the shot even though I didn't have ideal conditions or equipment. This is a red crowned amazon, which is actually endangered. I've been to Disneyland 1,000 times and I've never seen one there. On this day there were three of them in this tree, just yelling at each other and eating these little seeds.
3G7A7052.jpg

A few ducks.
3G7A6831.jpg

3G7A6792.jpg

Some other feathered creature.
IMG_7327_1.jpg

Anyone else here go to Disneyland (or Disneyworld) to shoot birds?

great set. i also like 2 and 3, especially 2 you got a nice landscape, boat and a great photo of a duck too..

nice shots the one in the fourth pic is a cormorant

I like number 2, even the tilt of the shot.

Most reactions

Back