Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All I can say is (and in fact, precisely what I did say at the time) "WHOA!!!"

C&C appreciated...

helicopter zakim whoa.jpg

Makes me feel like Im banking in an aircraft. It is good at times to be disoriented.

Rent-a-copter?

Or just a tall hill?

Either way, wow. You oughta try to "miniature fake" it in PS, or I might try it sometime later tonight.

What do you mean by "miniature fake it"?

Makes me feel like Im banking in an aircraft. It is good at times to be disoriented.

I was, in fact, in a helicopter. :) We were banking big time. A guy who works for me has a brother who is a pilot, so I get to go up occasionally. 1 second before this shot the dude said "Hold on, this is gonna be fun!!!" :lol:

I wish I had a picture of me in the chopper, I was basically hanging out the side of the thing... the door was pulled back completely. It was a rather surreal experience.

I have an heli picture of my neighborhood...but that one is a lot more interesting. Sweet man, thanks for sharing.

I have an heli picture of my neighborhood...but that one is a lot more interesting. Sweet man, thanks for sharing.

Well, Boston freaking rocks, so don't feel bad for your neighbourhood.

Seeing the Gahden like this brings an emotional tear to my eye. Great "bank shot", manaheim!

lol...it's all like grass and houses. I'll see if I can find it.

5.jpg

See where the boat is?

The house to the left is mine....Yes..the boat is mine too. :lol:

I hope you dont mind me posting those Manaheim. Not trying to take away from your sweet picture.

I hope you dont mind me posting those Manaheim. Not trying to take away from your sweet picture.

No, man, it's all good. :thumbup:

Well, Boston freaking rocks, so don't feel bad for your neighbourhood.

Seeing the Gahden like this brings an emotional tear to my eye. Great "bank shot", manaheim!

hehe, thanks!

np, thanks much for the comments!

Cool!

I agree, the helicopter ride..... Def. an interesting expierence :lol:

sweet angle manaheim. did you try converting it to b&w yet? i think that'd really bring out the lines. and maybe crop it a little tighter so you lose a bit more of the red buildings in the background. but good photo man.

What do you mean by "miniature fake it"?

A photoshop technique, to simulate a tilt/shift lens. Your picture lends itself especially well to the effect for obvious reasons.
I'm not thrilled with how it came out but I did a quick-n-dirty to show you what I was talking about. It also blurred the hell out of your watermark, since I couldn't just blur the layer with the actual photo. Sorry.
At risk of cluttering this thread even further:

mannaheimminifakevc9.jpg

Last edited:
sweet angle manaheim. did you try converting it to b&w yet? i think that'd really bring out the lines. and maybe crop it a little tighter so you lose a bit more of the red buildings in the background. but good photo man.

Hey, thanks very much! No, but that is a good idea. I do so little conversion to B&W/sepia, etc. I need to play with it more. The first time I did it in earnest was in my "Hog at Rest" attempt.

ooo... you know what might be fun would be to do the same treatment, but leave the red cars colored... I may have to try that later. :D

A photoshop technique, to simulate a tilt/shift lens. Your picture lends itself especially well to the effect for obvious reasons.
I'm not thrilled with how it came out but I did a quick-n-dirty to show you what I was talking about. It also blurred the hell out of your watermark, since I couldn't just blur the layer with the actual photo. Sorry.
At risk of cluttering this thread even further:

hahaha, wow that's cool. I may have to look up the effect and play with it. Thanks for taking the time to create the demo of it.

No worries on the watermark. The thing is hideous anyway. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back