What's new

Pretty Much Flabbergasted

Ysarex96 91

TPF Supporters
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
7,717
Reaction score
4,577
Location
St. Louis
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I had noticed this lens being advertised and talked about: MF 10mm f/3.5 APS-C Ultra Wide Angle Lens for Sony E/Fuji X/Nikon Z/ P Then on 10/30 I saw a Vitopal add for a two day Halloween sale listing this lens for $89.00 instead of $99.99. I ordered it. Seven days all the way from Hong Kong I got it yesterday -- free shipping, no tax, just $89.00. This morning I took it for a walk and snapped some test photos. The first photo of the National Garden Clubs headquarters -- no lens profile and no software distortion adjustment by me -- that's all the lens. I'm impressed. I expected some sharpness fall-off in the corners and it's pretty bad wide open but it cleans up reasonably by f/8. Build quality is what you'd expect for a lens costing hundreds of $$$$. Looking forward to using this lens a lot. Oly Pen E-PL9 w/7Artisans 10mm f/3.5

ultra-wide-1.webp


ultra-wide-2.webp


ultra-wide-4.webp


ultra-wide-3.webp
 
Very nice, especially for that price range. Were there any color and contrast adjustments, or is this how it renders naturally?
 
Very nice, especially for that price range. Were there any color and contrast adjustments, or is this how it renders naturally?
I processed the raw files normally in C1 and then noticed the color shift to the corners -- most noticeable in photos 1 and 3. That could be the lens and I need to investigate further. (I did apply a vignette to the photos but that shouldn't alter the color.)
 
So I had noticed this lens being advertised and talked about: MF 10mm f/3.5 APS-C Ultra Wide Angle Lens for Sony E/Fuji X/Nikon Z/ P Then on 10/30 I saw a Vitopal add for a two day Halloween sale listing this lens for $89.00 instead of $99.99. I ordered it. Seven days all the way from Hong Kong I got it yesterday -- free shipping, no tax, just $89.00. This morning I took it for a walk and snapped some test photos. The first photo of the National Garden Clubs headquarters -- no lens profile and no software distortion adjustment by me -- that's all the lens. I'm impressed. I expected some sharpness fall-off in the corners and it's pretty bad wide open but it cleans up reasonably by f/8. Build quality is what you'd expect for a lens costing hundreds of $$$$. Looking forward to using this lens a lot. Oly Pen E-PL9 w/7Artisans 10mm f/3.5

View attachment 291761

View attachment 291762

View attachment 291764

View attachment 291763
By the way, beautiful shots.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom