Distant encounter

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Full 300mm PLUS crop (in the original frame she is even further away) - this is how close I manage to get to the deer in my surroundings AT THE MOST - and see how much she already is "on the run" ?

samntouram22juli200630.jpg

And this one made me happy, all the same (taken in summer on one of my tours on roller blades).

That's about as close as I can get as well.. I have a pic.. If you would like I can post it.. but I don't want to hijack your thead.

Feel free to also post it in this thread ... this photo should actually be in the Snapshots, it is nothing too good, anyway.

Mine are more like snapshots as well.. But I will scan them and post them as soon as I can.

Even if I get close enough, once, in my life- my wildlife shots, well I have no sense of timing. This looks great to me!

LaFoto, I LOVE the green in your picture. The deer just adds to it. :p
I'm also a very big Green fan.
I've never even tried to catch a deer, so props to all you who have.

Thanks, this one was taken quite early in the morning, I think I was out and rolling (in July it was, I guess) by 6:30h. That is the time for them to be out and about a lot (in summer). Now they would be out later, mostly so around sunrise. But these are really wild and totally shy and unused to humans, so very, very skittish. I still have to come across a deer closer by and NOT be as paralysed (with awe) as not to move a limb as I was when I last saw one a week ago.

What I like about this picture is the body language of the scared deer, capturing the moment she's ready to bolt. It's not often I see emotion from an animal or is it just instinct but what do I know.

great shot but.... I get the feeling you only took that shot because the grass was just the right colour :lol:

Tantalus said:
What I like about this picture is the body language of the scared deer, capturing the moment she's ready to bolt. It's not often I see emotion from an animal or is it just instinct but what do I know.

i agree, i love this capture. it is very different than the shots other people get with deer that are "bored" with people. normally they just look tired of people taking their photo. this one is on alert... ready to spring away at a moments notice. :thumbup:

and besides, i'm willing to bet it is the best "deer photo while wearing rollerblades" that TPF has ever seen. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back