DIY home studio thoughts.

here are a couple of pretty cheap flashes with manual control.. Heard about them here and on the strobist group at flickr.

$28
and
$36

if you got three it would take up most of your budget, so you might have to stretch it a little to buy/make some soft boxes, stands, backgrounds etc...

I ordered a couple of the 900's ... probably will post how they are in a week or two, but I think the user darkhunter has them now.

Last edited:
here are a couple of pretty cheap flashes with manual control.. Heard about them here and on the strobist group at flickr.

$28
and
$36

if you got three it would take up most of your budget, so you might have to stretch it a little to buy/make some soft boxes, stands, backgrounds etc...

I ordered a couple of the 900's ... probably will post how they are in a week or two, but I think the user JackRabbit has them now.

are those only for canon's?

Okay seriously, did this thread really get to two pages without anyone mentioning the strobist blog??? :lol: Well, there are some amazing do it yourself set-ups on here, surf around and you'll see all kinds of budget oriented stuff...

This should get you started... just scroll down the page and you'll see all kinds of how-tos with lighting

Strobist: Lighting 101

are those only for canon's?

those two I linked to are but they do sell the nikon version of the 900wa

and to sirashley... yeah kind of surprised myself too, he's got a lot of good info there. I think I practically read all of lighting 101 and on assignment in a single setting, it's addictive.

Most reactions

Back