What's new

DIY Pocket Wizard attached to Light Stand?

cnutco

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 31, 2009
Messages
1,566
Reaction score
51
Location
NE GA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking for a better way to attach my PW's to my stands without forking over $$$.

I just did not like hanging the PW from the flash with the strap that was provided. I hate it when it slams against the stand when moving the stand around and moving from location to location.

So, Saturday after a shoot (Which was the first time I was asked to leave a location...), I stopped by good old Home Depot and came up with this.

u7hop.jpg


ou4046.jpg


qxoxlu.jpg


Does anyone know of any damage that this could possibly cause?

Does anyone have any ideas that they could add to this very simple build?

I am really looking for some type of quick disconnect instead of the screw and or bolt...


Thanks for looking!:mrgreen:
 
Last edited:
Not sure if its just me. But I only get red X's. I am at work though, so could be blocked. But pictures are not normally blocked.
 
Does anyone know of any damage that this could possibly cause?


Other than scratching the finish on the stands, I don't see any possibilities.


Does anyone have any ideas that they could add to this very simple build?

I am really looking for some type of quick disconnect instead of the screw and or bolt...

Replace the bolt with a clip like this:

paper%20clip.png
 
Last edited:
Thanks Big Mike. I have something like those on a few cords in the garage. Mine would still slide down the stand, so I put them back on the cords...
 
Wow...I feel like the guy on the island in that Tom Hanks movie...lashing my Pocket Wizards to things...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom