DIY

jor133d

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has some Do It Yourself tips for me. I am a college student and I want to try to take my sisters high school senior pictures, this year.

Can I make a homemade reflector? if so how?

How about an indoor studio?

Etc?

THANKS!

jor133d said:
Can I make a homemade reflector? if so how?

Do whatever works....I've used black tshirts and black shirts draped over a clotheshorse to give me a black background. Shallow depth of field hid the details in the clothes and the image came out great.

Like Rob says - there are no rules. I'd be inclined to go with the white sheets as they'll be a bit less likely to tear. Wrap a sheet round a wooden frame or use a hula hoop.

Use a large piece of white cardboard to bounce the flash(es) if the roof is too high or there is no roof. ;)

Practice before hand as well. She doesn't have to be in her dress for practice. Get your mom in some pics too. Mothers day is comming up. Maybe a family shot for her?

You can by some material very cheap at the fabric stores. Useually they will have cut offs that are a size people may not want at a discount. Again shallow DOF will hide the fact the background may not be 1 piece.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back