DJ Sparks Outcry from Photographers

The contract did say the official exclusive photographer, the DJ was simply shooting the un-official pictures. If the hired official wedding photographer is getting paid for all the images they shoot what difference does it make if the DJ gives what he shot to the bride and groom? Unless what the DJ shot was way better. I understand the "official and the exclusive" Does a contract really stop any of the guests from shooting and giving the bride and groom pictures after? I don't shoot weddings, and when I go as a guest, my cameras stay at home, I find it more entertaining watching the "official" photographers running around. If for any reason I did take a camera I would probably shoot a few images, but it's not my gig, so I'd stay back and play photographer with my "professional camera"

I would agree if we were talking about the occasional guest shooting a dozen random shots. The problem with the DJ is he took hundreds of photos and in key positions. Then "gifted" 232 of those photos to the couple.

Article quote
"Rochon says he shared 232 photos he captured from his DJ station as a gift to the bride and broom with the couple’s full knowledge."

This is highly irregular. I don't shoot weddings either but I have been to countless weddings, events and even know some DJs. I have never seen a DJ walking around taking key photos of a wedding. How does one DJ an event and take 300 photos through out a wedding?

Anyhow, the DJ was working independently outside of the contract and thus doesn't have to abide by it. He's actions though are highly suspect. I would simply avoid shooting events with this guy or company.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back