Do Canon FD Mount Lenses Work on 5D MKII?

They may 'fit' but they won't 'work'

:lol:

Depends on your definition of work. If light comes in one end of the lens, goes through the adapter's corrective optics, and then gets focused on the sensor, ... Well I don't see how that could be considered anything other than the lens working.

They may 'fit' but they won't 'work'

:lol:

Depends on your definition of work. If light comes in one end of the lens, goes through the adapter's corrective optics, and then gets focused on the sensor, ... Well I don't see how that could be considered anything other than the lens working.

Just forget it They are not compatible,

Erm... Are you on crack? (At this point this is a very legit question)

Or maybe I'm being offensive and you just can't cope with the English term that is key to this discussion in which case let me apologise and help you:

Adapter: noun (countable) /əˈdæptə(r)/ : A device that enables something to be used in a way different from that for which it was intended or makes different pieces of apparatus compatible.

Like the man said ...

30D_FD1-2_55ssc.jpg

Erm... Are you on crack? (At this point this is a very legit question)

Or maybe I'm being offensive and you just can't cope with the English term that is key to this discussion in which case let me apologise and help you:

Adapter: noun (countable) /əˈdæptə(r)/ : A device that enables something to be used in a way different from that for which it was intended or makes different pieces of apparatus compatible.

They are incompatible. Period. The aperture linkages are not maintained. More trouble than is worth. Canon autofocus lenses' apertures are controlled from the body.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/ef_lens_lineup/ef_s_15_85mm_f_3_5_5_6_is_usm

See? No aperture control on that lens!

Some people have trouble comprehending what 'compatible. means. They are not compatible! PERIOD!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Some people have trouble comprehending what 'compatible. means. They are not compatible! PERIOD!!!!!!!

There is interesting topic discussing FD lens on Canon EOS on Flickr Flickr: Discussing Anyone use a FD to EOS adapter? in Canon FD

maybe it can help you to understand how photographers use excellent Canon MF lens on EOS

Look, it's simple. Fitting the lens on with an adapter is not the same thing as being 'compatible'. Not all of the functions work. Go to a dictionary, learn what 'compatible' means, then get back to me. Until then, don't write another word on this topic.

Go to a dictionary, learn what 'compatible' means, then get back to me.

My English dictionary – Compatible: able to have a harmonious relationship with.

But wgp1987 did not ask about compatible, he wrote: Do Canon FD Mount Lenses Work on 5D MKII?

They do work very well.
He is also asking about adapter not about compatible.

Helpful people mention adaptors plentiful, one guy even explain trick to take out glass, wich photographers found works for closeup.

Please look to the beautiful pictures of Flickr with FD lens and EOS. Also APS-C camera as wgp1987 asks for can work with FD.

Go to a dictionary, learn what 'compatible' means, then get back to me.

My English dictionary – Compatible: able to have a harmonious relationship with.

But wgp1987 did not ask about compatible, he wrote: Do Canon FD Mount Lenses Work on 5D MKII?

They do work very well.
He is also asking about adapter not about compatible.

Helpful people mention adaptors plentiful, one guy even explain trick to take out glass, wich photographers found works for closeup.

Please look to the beautiful pictures of Flickr with FD lens and EOS. Also APS-C camera as wgp1987 asks for can work with FD.

No, they don't work. Quit lying to people! Give correct advice or get out!

:gah:

Much interest is on topic of FD-EOS, so you can see 1,295 views. Photographers put adapter and camera pictures, now I have linked on Flickr.

Of course FD is manual focus system. Every Canon DSLR user understand modern Canon must make the setting to manual for using FD lens. Only ignorant people who never use Canon DSLR but look to internet will not understand this.

I think Petraio Prime is not compatible with reasonable discussion on topic,
A good idea is other photographers put here pictures of their Canon DSLR with FD lens, or link to pictures, so many people who come from Google can see.

Much interest is on topic of FD-EOS, so you can see 1,295 views. Photographers put adapter and camera pictures, now I have linked on Flickr.

Of course FD is manual focus system. Every Canon DSLR user understand modern Canon must make the setting to manual for using FD lens. Only ignorant people who never use Canon DSLR but look to internet will not understand this.

I think Petraio Prime is not compatible with reasonable discussion on topic,
A good idea is other photographers put here pictures of their Canon DSLR with FD lens, or link to pictures, so many people who come from Google can see.

I sold this equipment. I know all about it.

Here is another example of the pot calling the kettle black...:confused:

There are plenty of sales persons who do not have a clue...from many of your earlier posts, I would put you in the same category

Here is another example of the pot calling the kettle black...:confused:

There are plenty of sales persons who do not have a clue...from many of your earlier posts, I would put you in the same category

I'm not one of them! This thread is full of ignorance. If you don't know what you're talking about (and it's abundantly clear that you don't) don't get on a thread and spread misinformation!

:grumpy:

EF lenses have a different mount and meter coupling (electronic) from FD and FL lenses. They are not compatible!

Most reactions

Back